The client is a market leading Ambulatory EMR vendor with multiple products and services for small and medium provider practices. As part of their innovation platform, they wanted to develop a virtual assistant to reduce the burden of documentation on providers. Genzeon developed a virtual assistant using Microsoft technologies for Speech to Text, Nuance for Clinical Understanding, and FHIR for integration with the EMR. The solution generated much interest from the marketplace, improved customer loyalty and showcased the client’s innovation and customer focus.
- Need for innovation in existing solutions and to demonstrate commitment to improved provider experience.
- Developed a voice-driven Virtual Physician Assistant with built-in clinical understanding which generates clinical documentation based on provider-patient dialog.
- Integration of clinical documentation with the EMR using FHIR.
- Improved provider satisfaction.
- Reduced documentation fatigue.
- Allowed providers to spend more time with patients and less time documenting.